Thursday, May 07, 2015

Week One - Getting to know OER

OER Project
BLOG – week 1

Week one – Getting to Know OER.

My name is Peggy O’Sullivan.  I am a microbiology instructor in the Science and Health Division at Medicine Hat College (MHC) in Medicine Hat, Alberta.  I’m very excited about converting one of my microbiology courses to an OER format.

Our Medicine Hat College team comprised of Keith Walker, Chelsey Reid, Denise Holt and I were recently awarded an Alberta Open Educational Resources Initiative grant to work on my CMMB250 – Microbiology for Health Care Professionals course – a course offered to first year nursing students at MHC.

Our first order of business was to meet and set up a plan of action.   I provided Denise (Library Research Assistant) with my course outline and textbooks.  I have downloaded all my course materials – lecture power points and textbook e-material on a flash drive that I am providing to Denise. 

I have also registered on the oercommons.com website in order to familiarize myself with the OER concept and movement.

I’m excited about switching my course to an OER course – I have a feeling that we are going to have a very busy summer converting my course.


2 comments:

Keith said...

Yeah Peggy - this will be fun and a busy summer :-)

Jack Jack said...

Aw, this was an extremely good post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to make a superb article…
Voip Routes Tester