Monday, April 01, 2013

Jasmina Ilic: April User of the Month

Jasmina Ilic
Social Work Program
Life is unpredictable, and nobody knows what tomorrow brings for any of us. To begin with, I moved to Canada from Croatia fourteen years ago. My passion for learning helped me to step into the amazing world of education at the Medicine Hat College. I am very thankful for everyone’s help because, finally, after many years, I feel that I am walking on the right path in my life.

Vera Bracken Library deserves a special “thank you”. At the very beginning of my schooling, I felt very confused and concerned about the material that I had to learn. However, in those hardest moments I walked into our library and asked for help. Lovely faces at the front desk gently asked me: “How can I help you?” From that moment I felt like the doors of knowledge were opened to me, and any time I had concerns, I would freely walk into the library and ask for help. The library staff has always been eager to help. The speed of service as well as the hospitality of the library staff are qualities that should be recognized. Every part of the library has special meaning to me. Many times when I wanted to relax and find a little peace for my soul after studying, those comfy armchairs provided comfort for my mind.

Finally, Marcel Proust would say, “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” And I would like to thank all of you who have enhanced my life with your priceless help. Vera Bracken Library will be a part of my life forever and I am proud of it.

No comments: