- With this service, patrons do not have to write down the record information to retrieve the material from the shelves. Patrons will also be able to retain that record information on their cellular device.
HOW IT WORKS
- When in a record, look for the "Send via Text Message" text and icon (see Figure 1) and click it.
- In the dialogue box (see Figure 2) enter your cellular phone number with all 10 digits (without dashes, spaces, etc.).
Figure 2. Enter cellular number.
(Click to enlarge)
Figure 3. Available cellular providers.
- Click "Send" and a "Message sent!" dialogue box will appear.
If you decide not to send a text, click "Clear" to return to the record.
- You will then receive a text message similar to the one in Figure 4.
|Figure 1. "Send via Text Message."|
(click to enlarge)
|Figure 4. Received record information.|
- This services does not replace the use of QR codes in the catalogue—it is a complement or alternate means of delivery to the use of QR codes.
Please note that charges may apply if your service plan does not include free/unlimited text messaging. If you have any comments, concerns, or questions, please make use of our information or social media services.