As with the previous edition, the first printing of the manual contains—what are arguably—numerous contradictions, errors, inaccuracies, and oversights. The guides that the library has produced have tried to compensate for these variables as much as possible. As the APA clarifies the revised style over the coming weeks, months, and years, the library will modify its documents accordingly. Should there be any modifications to the guides, a notice will be posted.
To access the current version of the handouts in PDF format, select the following links:
- APA Style Guide [October 2009 version posted 5 October 2009, click here for details; use the "Revisions" tag for further updates]
- APA Sample Paper
- To Quote, Paraphrase, or Block Quote? – APA Style
For additional resources regarding the APA style, please browse the following sources:
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) - The official manual for the APA style. It is sometimes referred to as the APA Publication Manual.
- The Concise Rules of APA Style (6th ed.) - An abbreviated version of the APA Publication Manual. It is less detailed than the full manual, but more portable—ideal for those already familiar with the style.
- Mastering APA Style (Vol. 1 & 2) - Exercise books for students and teachers to enhance familiarity with APA style.
- Displaying Your Findings: A Practical Guide for Creating Figures, Posters, and Presentations - This 2003 APA publication offers tips on how to present your findings in a variety of media including overheads, posters, PowerPoint, etc.
- APA Style.org - There are numerous resources including basic information, sample papers, tutorials, and more.
- APA Style Blog - This blog posts weekly special topics on the APA style. There are often comments and responses made through this blog that will aid in clarifying details about the revised style.
If you have any comments, concerns, or questions, please direct them to the Information Desk in the Vera Bracken Library (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).